Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Beginning

The Treehouse - Chicago
 
It's been a while, hasn't it! 
Getting settled into my new home and studio space has been fun but also a bit of work.  January was mostly spent moving, cleaning, and collecting furniture.  February was a ton of work at the day job, adjusting to life in the city (holy crap), but also some road-trippin' and concerts and fun stuff. 
And now, March is half-done and I'm back at it.  Here's what's been the haps...
 
The ususal late nights at the table.
 
"Filthy Mouth" is almost complete - on hold while I get some work done for a couple shows next month...
 
Tootsie Monster #6 is in the works (sold already)
 
New friends about to hit my Etsy shop!  This weekend I think...
 
Some merpy portraits of the boys in my new little moleskine

Speaking of treehouses, there's a brand-new one in my Etsy shop today!
 
And for shows next month:
 
A new watercolor painting for a fun themed show out around Los Angeles
 
And I'm also very excited to be a part of this show at Clutter Gallery next month!  And, I'll be at the opening if you're out New York City way! 
 
I'll be back to posting regular updates here, now that I'm all unpacked and plugged-in and working again.  For up-to-the-minute dorkery and photos, you can always check out my
Instagram! - "melissasuestanley"
 
Happy Spring!
xoxox

2 comments:

Letty said...

Good to see your awesome work! Still love your style.

Snoman's Baby said...

Yay! I missed your blogs! :) love it! And i adore the tree house!