Last week, amid all the usual chaos, I finished my oil study of Natanya.
This is the painting I started last month, at the 3-day burlesque modeling session at Stvdio480.
Overall I'm happy with how it turned out. There's some things I'd do differently, and there's some things I know I need to focus more on as I get back to life drawing
(hands, for instance. ugh.)
Because it was a study, and really supposed to be completed at the studio, I left a few things unfinished and instead focused the final painting on demonstrating the lessons I picked up from the experience.
And then I framed her up and took her over to the Fulton Street Collective space, where she's hanging now as part of the current exhibit:
~a celebration of Chicago's burlesque performers & models~
The show runs through March 12
Day Three (last day in the studio with model)
Making time this year to do these oil paintings has really been fantastic.
I can't wait to start the next one.